Dear CamScanner Android Users,
We have the following updates to share with you:
1) Our CamScanner Team has recently detected that the advertisement SDK provided by a third-party named AdHub, integrated in Android Version 5.11.7, has been reported for containing a malicious module that produces unauthorized advertising clicks, which are considered as advertising fraud in general. So far, nothing harmful truly happened to CamScanner users.
2) Injection of any suspicious codes violates the CamScanner Security Policy. We will take immediate legal actions against Adhub. Fortunately, after rounds of security check, we have found no evidence showing the module could cause any leak of document data. Thus, your documents are safe.
3) Although you may have received Play Protect Warning earlier, CamScanner is back on the Google Play Store with the latest version 5.12.5 that has been proved secured. All Android users are suggested to download or upgrade to the new version.
4) All advertising SDKs including Facebook and Google official advertising SDKs will be temporarily removed out of CamScanner (Both iOS and Android) for security check.
5) You are kindly suggested to use your anti-virus software to double check the APK once you have it installed. If you find any other problems after the installation of the new version, you are welcome to report the issues firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you out immediately.